Friday, October 25, 2013

A Promise to My Future Students

There's one thing above all else that I have always been sure of, "there's no such thing as bad student, only bad teacher." Although I wish i could take credit for such a wise statement, it was actually by Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid.

Our students put an immense amount of faith in us as their teachers to provide for them, support them, love them, CARE about them, and maybe most importantly...believe in them.

I believe in my students and I don't even have any yet. But isn't that the whole point? We need to have so much faith in our students that we become able to foresee their success before we have even meet them. This faith will drive us to do better and greater things for them.

"Where we invest our time, we invest our love."
So from here on out, starting with this blog, I pledge to be the best I can be. To provide for my students and invest in them wholeheartedly. I will make their concerns my concerns and learn to build a community within my classroom that facilitates success and excitement for the learning process.

No one shall feel defeated.
The words "I can't" do not exist.

"There is not such thing as bad student.....only bad teacher."

No comments:

Post a Comment