Sunday, September 8, 2013
Remembering Language Arts!
To be honest, language arts was never the class I looked forward to most during the day. When I was younger, I struggled with reading and with every stuttered, quivering word I was forced to read aloud during class, my love for the subject got worse and worse. I watched as around me all my fellow classmates seemed to be breezing through the material with ease. They read pages and pages with lightning speed while I was still stuck on the first line. It seemed unfair to me. I wondered why I had to be so bad at the subject and if my teachers didn't like me as much because of it.
As it turns out, I just needed a little extra help to get through the areas I was struggling most with. However, it made me realize that the subject is not as easy to everyone as it may be to some. This is where as a teacher I hope to really focus most of my efforts; on recognizing the diversity in my students and trying my best to always make sure they feel comfortable in their learning environment, even when they struggle. With that being said, I hope that someday I could make my students memories of Language Arts better than mine is today, and I hope to "un-taint" my current memory of the subject with a better one in my years of schooling to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment